Sunday, July 01, 2007

back to the cities

Our time in Appleton is complete. It was a nice, productive week. I have to admit, hanging out with another girl was nice too. But now it is back to the cities, and I have no idea what the next 5 weeks hold in store for me.

I do have two new friends though...well..kinda. I had already met them, but now, I consider them friends. It's the two Mormon missionaries. I see them all the time, as their assignment is here in Dinkytown. Now, instead of just a "hey.." and small talk, they pull up a chair to my table outside of Espresso Royale. I enjoy talking to them, which is good. So now my total of friends in Minneapolis is a whopping THREE...Tony, and the Mormons. Love it.

We set out on an urban adventure today. We hopped on a bus, got off at the wrong stop, wandered around downtown, and somehow found our way to the train station. Final destination...Mall of America. Holy Canoli... this mall is huge. It was extremely overwhelming. I hope to go back before we leave, simply because I didn't get to see it all. Heck, I realized after spending two hours in Old Navy (which was the biggest Old Navy I had ever been in, AND it was having the BIGGEST SALE EVER!!), that I was in the largest mall in America, what the heck am I doing spending all my time in one store? We spent over five hours in the mall, and I didnt see half of it. And we definitly didn't get to play in the amusement park.. so we BETTER go back.

I made a new "friend" in the mall though. His name is Soso. He's from Israel, getting his MBA here. He was a little creepy, I will admit. He was trying to sell me lotion or something, but was weird about it....giving me all sorts of compliments..even asking me out on a date and giving me his number. He's Jewish, which he claimed made him "perfect," but that he would "settle for my imperfections." Well, that relieves me, because I was worried. sheesh!

Don't know what this next week holds... but I am learning to laugh at the lack of a schedule and go with it.

No comments: