Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TWO DAYS LEFT!!

It's crazy, but in just a few days, I will be home!



Did the Appleton thing again this past weekend. Kasey led worship, I gave a testimony, and Bob preached. Carla, Nate's mom and Bob's wife, also went. She and I had a good time goofing off and having good conversations this weekend as well.

Still wrestling with Scripture a lot, which isn't a terrible thing. Looking into the roles of women in ministry lately. I am sure that has some of you freakin out. Don't worry, I don't know where I stand on that just yet.

We made one last trip to the Mall of America today. The Go Now team from Fargo met us there. We actually went into the amusement park of the mall today, which was fun. Then, I hustled to get to the ride of my life, the train and bus ride back to the apartment.

That is one thing that I will DEFINITLY not miss...the long haul to the bus stop from the apartment. Riding the bus and train isn't so bad, if the bus stop was close by...but walking 30 minutes to a bus stop before riding a bus for an hour... I think I will pass.

I made new friends once again yesterday. And once again, they were middle-aged men. I don't know how I always end up meeting men old enough to be my dad...a little weird. I was out by the pool when they came out. We made small talk for a bit, before they realized I was from the South, which led into a long conversation about a lot of things. I was able to share why I am up here, which led to even more conversation...good conversation though. They both said that they grew up in church, but didn't see the need for it now. They shared with me some of their ideas about Christians. Like that we tend to live in "communes," surrounding ourselves with ONLY other Christians. I had to agree. They also said that we live by a lot of rules. I was able to share with them a little on that, which was nice. They said I "put a new face on Christianity," which wasn't so much a compliment to me, but to the Spirit, who was totally guiding the conversation. After a couple hours of talking, they excused themselves to go watch the Twins game. I sat by the pool and prayed for my new friends, and I would ask that you would too.

No comments: