Saturday, July 07, 2007

This whole bus thing...

... is a little more work that I expected. I walk twenty minutes to my bus stop, hop on, then get off and on another...then off and an on another..then an hour later, I arrive in Dinkytown.

Tonight was night one of the Basillica Block Party. I had another voyage on the bus, which was a little crazy, due to rush hour. After missing my stop and hiking BACK to the basillica, I check in with the raffle-sales people. Don't think I will be doing that again. That was a terrible two hours. No fun whatsoever. But then, the fun started. I went to the "beer tent," where I helped serve. No.... I opened bottle. Really, that was it, but I had a good time! I met some amazing people that were working alongside me. Once again, they were all older (I can't seem to really connect with anyone MY age this summer.....its all older people!) But it was so fun! And we were right in front of the stage, so I saw the entire Lifehouse and Amos Lee show, which were both amazing.

One problem with my night. The bus back to the apartment doesn't run after 6 PM. I was totally unsure of what to do. I hopped on a bus back to Dinkytown, frantically trying to figure something out. When I got off the bus, I decided that my only option would be get a taxi. Only problem, I had never ridden in a taxi before, and I wasn't sure how to get one, or hail one, or whatever it is. After shyly waving at FIVE taxis with none stopping, I finally jumped up and down and waved one over. Once this nice man pulled over and I got in, I realized another problem, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE APARTMENT IS. After ten minutes of frustration, we figured it out and we were off.

It's been a crazy day, but a good one.

No comments: