Thursday, June 28, 2007

Greetings from Appleton!

After driving over three hours from the cities, we arrived in Appleton on Tuesday. Nothing to exciting here. It's a town of about 2000 people. There are two places in town to eat...no joke. There is another girl, Katie, who is with us this week, which is so nice. I know this sounds weird, but it's nice having someone to share a room with. I think I was becoming weirded out from being all alone in my closet.

We surveyed the people here. I gotta admit, I was not down with it at first. I mean, we were literally going door to door, asking people 3 questions.
1. Do you currently attend a church regularly?
2. Would you be interested in being a part of Bible Study that could possibly lead to brand new church in Appleton?
3. Is there anything we can pray with you about?

We surveyed for about two and a half days. Every house in Appleton got a knock on it at some point during that time. And I gotta say, it was very interesting. There are A LOT of elderly people in this community, and most go to the Lutheran church. (Lutherans are EVERYWHERE up here!) I mean, one lady said, "Well it's nice that you are here, but you do know that this is a very Lutheran community?!) There were few people that were rude, but most were very nice. We had some that showed great interest, which was encouraging. Tonight, we had a little get-together. It was very nice. I must confess, I was very nervous about what the turnout would be like. But a few families showed up, which was very nice. They were all young families with children, and all very excited about the possibility of a new church. So if you can, keep Appleton in your prayers.

Heading back to the cities tomorrow. Don't know what awaits us there.... definitly some good times at Espresso Royale with Tony though!

No comments: