Thursday, June 14, 2007

more pics... and some good stuff

my humble abode
mr aubrey... gotta love him
Well.... i know this is like a million posts in one day... oh well!
The other day, we sat out on our first day of prayerwalking. Notice to all, I am not a fan of prayerwalking. Go ahead...call me a bad Christian. It's not that I think it is pointless or anything. I just cannot stay focused during it, and I usually end up frustrated with myself. Well, we were walking alongside the fraternity houses at this time. One house had all of their windows open, and a rap song was blaring out from inside. Don't ask me the artist or title of the song..because I don't know, but as we passed, I kept hearing "Lord, give me a sign." Next thing I know, we are long passed the fraternity houses and I find myself repeating that same phrase over and over in my head, without realizing it. I quickly made that my prayer, that God would give me a sign...that through all of the frustration and awkwardness that has surrounded these past few days, that I AM called to be here.
Today, our assignment was to sit at a coffee shop (love it!) and engage in a conversation with someone and tell them why we are here. I was talking to my dear friend Lindsay on the phone when a nice, middle aged man sat next to me. I got off of the phone and finished my drink. He quickly smiled, pointed at my cup, I awkwardly nodded, and he took off with my cup. I had no idea what was going on! No worries. He came back later with my cup filled with coffee. We then started talking, kind of. He was from Russia, I think, and his English was very hard to discern. However, we were able to talk for over and hour and a half. We talked about why I was in Minneapolis, his times in Russia, his religious background, and so many other things. His name is Tony. I ask that you would pray for him. I have decided to regularly go to this coffee shop, "Espresso Royale," and sit outside, as I have the past few days. He says he is a regular here and would love to talk again. Pray that we are able to meet up and talk more about God's Word and who Christ is.

No comments: