Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 2 begins

So we were walking home one day, and we saw Grant (in the grey, hes our housemate) standing under a tree outside the house. I said..."IS HE REALLY...??" Sure enough.. He was picking mulberries right off the tree and eating them. At first it was hilarious! Then Kasey joined in.... and I thought Why not? So this is our new favorite thing to do to pass the time.
Did I mention that I have a spider bite or something underneath my chin? Ya...take a look at it..it's gross. Try walking up to people and starting a conversation with THAT THING pertruding out of your face. Not fun. And it did look a LOT worse.. it was pretty much healing at this point.





We passed out free water and lemonade one day..the boys are dang excited..can't you tell? The next day we had free homemade ice cream.
So there are two Mormon missionaries here in Dinkytown. I have met them and talked with them a few times, just chit chat...nothing really. But they are basically doing the same thing we are, just talking to people and such. I wonder if they have a plan for this... I may ask them.
Let's see... we are starting a Bible Study on Thursday... so if you could pray for that. Over the next couple of days, we are going out, asking people to come...we'll see how that goes. And Friday night, we are having a movie night here at the Upper Room, with smoothies and root beer floats. Pray for that too...that connections will be made with people.
Next week, we are off to somewhere else... dont ask me where, I don't know. But somewhere else in either Minnesota or Wisconsin (?) another church plant is starting up. So the three of us and another girl (YAY) will be going there and doing some survey work for the week. I knew I shouldn't have told God that I didn't want to move around this summer..


No comments: