Friday, June 08, 2007

Here I come!!!

In less than 12 hours, I will be on a plane to Minneapolis. I am stoked...

But that also means one thing..tonight was my last night at FBC Urbandale doing VBS. And man... I am REALLY going to miss it. Who would have thought that you could build such great relationships with people in just one week. For starters, my kids. I mean.. all 7 of em, I am going to miss. They are by far the best class at VBS.. and by golly, they better win the contest and get a pizza party! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM KNOWS THEIR MEMORY VERSE! I am so proud! I just wish I could be there tomorrow night at Family Night...when they sing their songs for their family, put on a play of the prodigal son, and say their memory verses.

And the people at the church... I love em! In a short amount of time, I got so comfortable around them. I mean, you would have thought I had been coming for years! Tonight, after all the kids left, all of the adults gathered around me Bryan and Kasey and laid hands on us. As they all prayed, I could tell that they really cared, and that meant something. I got so many business cards with contact information and DEMANDS to keep in touch! This really was a great week, even at times if I got frustrated.

No comments: