Thursday, June 07, 2007

FLASH! It's a electrifying...

Veggie Tales songs... stuck in my head.

Well today was day four of VBS at FBC Urbandale. Man, God has been good. We started with one, Victor, on the first night. Then, on Monday, my Pecan Knoll days came to use as we passed out flyers in the neighborhood around the church. (The boys were convinced we were going to get shot,which was hilarious!) That night, we had FOUR NEW KIDS! And last night, we had TWO MORE NEW ONES!! That brought our class attendance to 7! And with only 18 kids total at VBS, 7 in my class was pretty amazing.

I wish I had an ounce of the passion these kids have. I mean, these are third and fourth graders, who this week, and EVERY SUNDAY, get themselves up, dress themselves, and walk to the church... JUST TO BE THERE! No parents hassling them to wake up and get ready....nothing.

I have to admit, it has been hard to have the right attitude this week. During the day, we go into the office, sit there for a while, then do some grunt work. Like today, we moved a whole library of books upstairs to another room. Not the best job ever. But I had to keep saying Colossians 3:23 to myself to keep my focused. Bryan and Kasey seem to be doing fine...so maybe it is just me. It may be because I don't really feel like this is the "field," since home is just 20 minutes away. But that goes back into the whole "field" mentality... shouldn't it ALL be a field? I mean, I don't WANT to compartmentalize my life, but it seems that every time I turn around, I am..UGH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't get discouraged Ash! You are serving the LORD and like you said, even if you are only 20 min. from home, it's still your mission field!