Saturday, June 09, 2007

Where is Minneapolis?






I AM FINALLY HERE!! I have taken Minneapolis by storm... well...maybe not so much.






But first, a pic from my time in dallas...











This is me and my VBS class of 3rd and 4th graders...i love em












We finally made it here yesterday. Our supervisor is out of town til Monday, so we are staying somewhere else for the weekend. Aubrey and Deanna, our host family, are my new favorite people. They are as sweet as pie. They are a retired couple that are just as nice as can be. I have loved spending time with them thus far. Aubrey is a precious older man and Deanna is a true Southern Belle. I may not know her very well, but I really admire her. She is an older lady, and still has a mentor, which I think is amazing. She is soft spoken, very much a lady, but so fun to be around.






Last night, we went to their church where they were having a prayer vigil for missions. This will be our church for the summer, too. I met some incredible people there, too. I can't wait to spend the summer getting to know these people more and more. There'e Rosie, who is from Brazil. She is so consumed with fire for God. And a girl from Romania ( I won't even TRY to spell her name) who is as sweet as ever. And Joan... I love her. She is Deanna's mentor. She is absolutely hilarious.






Today, Aubrey and Deanna took her to a Twins game. It was a lot of fun. Joan joined us as well, which made things much more entertaining. She is an older lady who REFUSES to keep up with technology. When Deanna asked her to get out her phone, Joan couldn't even figure out how to open it (it was a flip phone!). I love it. We realized tonight while at the game that neither me, Kasey, nor Bryan knew where we were. I thought about it, and I had no idea where Minnesota was, much less Minneapolis. We felt real dumb when we asked if we were close to NYC, Chicago, and DC. Needless to say, I have figured it out now.






And in case you were wondering too... Here's Minnesota..with Minneapolis in the lower right corner
I have heard a rumor that there may be other teams coming in from other places to work here this summer too. I am kinda hoping so, simply so I won't be the only girl.







1 comment:

Katie said...

SO exciting! I am jealous you went to a Twins game...your excitment about the people you are staying with is contagious! It makes me want to meet them. Praying for you as you continue to figure out EVERYTHING about where you are at!!

Love ya