Saturday, December 05, 2009

a special 51st

0051 - Liz Brown - my best friend of over 10 years. I could go on and on about her. And I will. In fact, today, I will just list how I am thankful for my dearest Liz. This week, I have grown to love her even more. She has had to deal with immense tragedy and heartache this past week. She lost someone very dear to her in a terrible way. But when I checked my mail this week, guess what I got? A card from her telling me how she is praying for me during this time when I miss Margaret. SHE WAS CONSOLING ME!

There's more...

She calls me this morning. Mind you, the funeral for Thomas Young was yesterday. So I wake up this morning to Liz calling me. I asked how the day went and all, then casually ask what she's doing (she sounded so chipper for it to be early). She said she was going to spend the day with Vanessa. Vanessa is a friend of ours from high school that is in Houston at M D Anderson getting chemo, only after receiving a bone marrow tranfusion last week. (please keep Vanessa in your prayers!) Today was the day Vanessa had to shave her head and Liz was going to be there with her. She said she wanted to "love her and hold her hand."

HOW SELFLESS CAN THIS GIRL BE??

All week, I have been bragging to everyone at the BSM about MY best friend. I am sure they are all tired of hearing how awesome Liz is after this week. But seriously, I am humbled to even know Liz.



And these are only a COUPLE of the OH SO MANY reasons I am eternally grateful to Liz.

1 comment:

heidi1222 said...

She amazes me, too. I love your blog and "seeing" what's going on in your head.