Friday, July 16, 2010

Did we really survive two weeks of camp? HECK YES!

Today was another HOT day...even hotter than yesterday I believe. But that didn't stop us from having an INCREDIBLE last day.

I filled up over 200 water balloons and we had an all out war.

After the water war, we didn't think about the ground being wet. Dumb, I know. But we started playing "Do-see-do tag" (much like elbow tag). Next thing I know, I'm chasing an 8 year old and fall in the mud into the splits. Not so fun. I think I pulled the muscle in my big toe...if thats possible. No lie...it hurts

The Bible story today was about Jesus feeding the five thousand....keep this in mind

Niki, a kid from last year, who also lives next door to Ruth (and me) was at camp again this year. He is a pretty good kid, just at that stage where he wants to be "cool." Well, at one point, he poured a cup of cold water down my back. I decided to teach him a lesson. He climbed up into the tree house. That didn't stop me from getting the water hose and soaking him until he said "sorry." Next thing I know, he is madder than a hornet at me. I thought it was comical. Well then, it is journal time. And what does he write in his journal? "Stupid Ashlee." Classic. I called him out on it, telling him that for the party tonight, he could show everyone his journal. He said sorry and were back to being good ol pals again. 10 year olds are funny.

The party tonight was GREAT! The best part was around the campfire. Maxi, an 8 year old, kept making bread on a stick (a normal thing for Austrians.) I was at the table and noticed he kept coming back for more bread. I wondered how an 8 year old could ever eat that much! I later found out that he "wanted to be like Jesus." (remember today's Bible story) So he made bread for everyone. He then went around, asked people if they wanted any, broke it (just like Jesus), gave thanks (just like Jesus) and handed it out. It was cute.

All in all, it has been a great two weeks. There are many memories and stories that I will never forget.

Like last night... I have had a weird rash on my feet for a few days. It itched like CRAZY! And coritzone was NO help. I think it is from the grasses in the capture the flag field. Ruth, being the natural remedy guru, decided that she would come to the rescue....with cheese. So last night, she covered my feet and ankles in cheese. I then put on a sock for a couple of hours, before washing it off. And believe it or not, it didn't itch that much today!!

Tomorrow, sight seeing and shopping before heading home EARLY sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like things went so well!! can't wait to see you!!