Saturday, July 10, 2010

Can I just start off with one complaint? Just to get it out of my system? MY FEET ARE KILLING ME! I dont know whats the reason, but the bottoms of my feet have been SUPER tender the past few days. And after a day of psuedo-sightseeing, I feel like they are sliced open with salt deep inside. No joke. It's pure pain.

Ok..now that I am done with that...

WE GOT TO SLEEP IN TODAY!! HALLELUJAH! We woke up at 10 30. It was so exciting, no joke.

Then it was off to the city. We have two art majors, so they wanted to hit the art museum. I really didnt care to go, so Veronika and I walked the streets near Stephansplatz and went in and out of shops. At one point, both of our feet were hurting, so we sat with our feet in the fountain for a good hour while we talked and laughed. I love walking the streets in downtown Vienna. There are TONS to people from all over the world, lots of shops, and interesting street performers.

Then it was off to the Bellvedere. I had been there before, so once again, Vero and I found a bench in the shade to relax. I pulled out my book. The quiet awe of the beautiful gardens and camera-ready tourists was quite nice.

We finished the day with Running Sushi! Now if you havent heard me rave about this yet, here we go. It's a restaurant where you sit with a conveyer belt of food running alongside your table. As you see something that looks appetizing, simply open the small glass door, reach in, and QUICKLY grab it. (Note the "quickly" because if you are rather slothful in the process, you spill California rolls or grapes or whatever is on the plate all over the conveyor belt. Not to mention that you back up the plates and make the workers mad when they have to clean up your mess. Not like I would know) Aubrey's two friends from Germany joined us as well. It was a great evening, in which we nearly made ourselves sick with all the food.

Now we are back at the apt, watching the World Cup and winding down. Tomorrow we have church, then to the Summer palace.

No comments: