Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 3 and 4...complete...but just barely!


Wednesday was quite a long day. We had our stations (western activities), then we sent the groups off to the city. It was funny to see them get started. They were all downstairs in the cellar, writing in their journals, just as we do each day. I would go down and bring a team at a time upstairs to go outside to "draw their team cow in their journal." That was when they discovered their ransom note. The youngest ones were definitely the funniest.

As each team headed out, I relished in the fact that I didnt have to go this time. We did not have a teenager helping this week, so I had to be the "bandit," waiting at the cows to exchange "gold for their cows. Basically, I took a nap! And I'm not afraid to say it. When each team came, they looked quite pathetic, all hot and sweaty..and tired as all get out.

We had our camp fire, told ghost stories, then played some games. We sent them to their tents and I came home for a REAL bed. I'm not sure I got more sleep at home than I would have at the camp out. Have I mentioned that the neighbors have a pond? And there are frogs at the pond at night? And it's mating season? And apparently the middle of the night is prime mating time for frogs?

Today was one of the longest days of my life. It was the hottest day of the week with a high of 97 degrees. Add to the heat 21 hot, tired, and VERY cranky kids, and it is a LONG day. We "rode the bull," made snakes out of ties, and various other activities. After almost two hours of technical difficulties, we watched Toy Story 2.

We also explained the Gospel to about 15 of the older kids. There were some really good questions.

I also got the privilege of talking to some parents yesterday. They explained that they were a part of the Roman Catholic church, "but a different kind." They asked me a lot of questions about my faith.

Ways to pray:
- Strength and patience - Maybe we are just more exhausted, but this week is a lot more trying for our team
- Kids who heard the Gospel today. Pray that it falls on good soil, and that though we may not see any visible fruit this week, that it would take root.
- The parents I talked to- we had a great conversation. Pray they come to the party tomorrow
- Tomorrow night we have the family party - Pray that good connections are made with the parents

No comments: