Sunday, July 25, 2010

0501- Today, I am just going to list one thing. It has been on my heart for a week now.

I first learned about Invisible Children during my first couple of years at SFA. I quickly fell in love with their mission and personally sought out to further it on the campus at SFA. If you haven't checked it out, you should www.invisiblechildren.com

My junior year, I taught an SFA 101 course with Dr. Watson. The freshmen were required to do a community service project. After sharing with them my heart for Invisible Children, they decided to host a viewing on campus. We also made bracelets to be sold at the viewing. The proceeds went straight to IC.

I have always had a heart for the work of Invisible Children. I would love to go to Uganda and work with them.

After returning from Austria, I was catching up on my blogs (this took a couple of days!) And I saw that numerous people had posted about the death of Nate Henn.

Nate Henn was a normal 24 year old, like me. He also had his heart broken for the children of Uganda. If you know anything about the Invisible Children bracelet campaign, you may know the Ugandan child Innocent, who the first bracelet was in honor of. Innocent came to the states to tell his story a couple of years ago. Nate was the guy that took him around. They became like brothers. After spending a few months together, Innocent had to return home to Uganda. Nate promised to visit him.

Check this video out

Nate Henn // 1985 - 2010 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.


I watched this video last week and just wept. How could I not? For days, I couldn't get it out of my mind. But I kept pretty quiet about it. What could I do? What can little ol' me do? But I am reminded that Invisible Children is all about people like little ol' me, coming together and not letting this happen anymore.



No comments: