Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I cannot tell a lie... I thought about giving up the thankfulness posts... BUT I'M BACK!!!

0270- I mentioned in my last post that I love when SNL folks crack themselves up. Here is a video I have watched over and over and still laugh each time.



0271 - Our Leadership Team is memorizing Romans 12. AND MOST OF THEM ARE ACTUALLY DOING IT! It is so encouraging to hear them say it each week.

0272- Since getting a new car, I don't get to go Goodwill anymore. BUT.. I STILL HAVE MY LITTLE BOOKSTORE ON AMAZON!!! I am thankful for the little bit of money that comes in from that!

0273- My church, FBC SS, brought the lunch yesterday for Free Lunch. And ALL of them spread out amongst the tables and talked to students. So encouraging!

0274- I may not be Catholic...and I may not practice Ash Wednesday...but this video is pretty funny.


0275- This past weekend was Discovery Weekend. I got the pleasure of interviewing eight students for summer missions. It was so exciting to hear what God is doing in each of their lives and I look forward to seeing how he will use them this summer

0276- I may have mentioned that our church is doing One Month to Live. The principle that we talked about this week was Love Completely. That, coupled with memorizing Romans 12, (particularly verse 9 that says Love must be sincere), has made me realize that when it comes to relationships, I don't do very well. Basically, I suck at love. But I am glad that I serve the God who IS love.

0277- This Sunday, after evening church, some of us girls got together for a Singles Valentines dinner. It was really nice. We went to Mochis, as usual. And I haven't laughed that much in a long time

0278- I read on Vanessa's facebook that she is done with treatments on the 25th! PRAISE THE LORD!

0279- Plans for Austria this summer are already under way. I am glad to get started on it!

0280- Last night, I was cleaning out some tubs in my closet that I haven't gone through since leaving Nac. I found some really sweet cards and letters from friends. Some were from people that I don't talk to anymore. They spoke of how much our friendship meant to them and how they can't imagine life without our friendship. It was a little bittersweet, to say the least.

0281 - I am hoping to go home this weekend...and I am pretty stinking excited.

0282 -Bubba went to Joel's church this weekend and loved it. I hope he keeps going there

0283- I got to watch One Tree Hill on REAL TV LAST NIGHT!! NOT A DVD OR THE INTERNET! It was pretty weird, having to watch commercials

0284- I am reading a book, Emotional Purity, that I recommend for all girls. I have learned so much from this book.

0285- TODAY IS BUBBA'S BIRTHDAY!!! HE IS TWENTY TWO TODAY!!!!

1 comment:

Grace & Peace said...

so i think I'm gonna start doing these thankfulness posts because of you. they are inspiring and I can see them making life bearable in times when it doesn't feel that way simply because you focus more on the fact that God is GOOD no matter what's going on...so...thank you!