Thursday, May 31, 2007

a little of this, a little of that

Found this picture on a blog entry from the Ooze back in February. This is an actual picture of the doors to a church. The only way to get in is to have someone let you in from the inside. Isn't that how a lot of churches act today?






On another note, I have been thinking lately, "I am not good enough." Now I have always had a pretty low self esteem. I have never been the first one to pipe up and say, "I am AMAZING at that, so let me do it." I don't know why....but self confidence has never been a strong point for me. It seems like for the last few months, I am constantly battling with the thought, "Man, I may claim to be a follower of Christ, but I STINK at it..." It seems like everyone else has it together... and I am stumbling along. To be honest, I don't think I have EVER thought that I had this whole "Jesus" thing down.... I have no clue what I am doing. I feel like I am always screwing up, both in my eyes and in God's. But is that how it is supposed to be? Surely, not.

1 comment:

Katie said...

On almost everything I do, Ashlee...I think to myself.."Couldn't they find someone better to do the job. I'm definitely not the most qualified or equipped to do this. (whether it be jobs, people skills, speaking, this christian journey, etc.)"

The thing is...if you thought you were AMAZING at everything..you would have NO need for some higher power (God)because you could just do it yourself.

I have found...and have to continually remind myself that His power is made perfect in my weakness. Thank the Lord that YOU can't do it...neither can I...

right there with ya! See you tomorrow!