Sunday, May 27, 2007

accountability

So I have been thinking about accountability a lot lately. Accountability has many different forms within the church.

Of course, there is the one on one accountability that can be sometimes seen as discipleship. I personally, have never had a good experience with this. I have tried on numerous occasions with different people, but it has never really worked out. Don't ask me why it has never been successful for me... guess that's the way it was intended to be, right?

But what about accountability on what you believe? Like if I say that my faith involves some outlandish idea, should other believers not hold my accountable to this? Should they not say, HELLO!!! ? It seems that within the church, we have gotten maybe a little too open. We have leaders standing up and saying that their faith rests on things that are a little out there. When they are questioned about their beliefs, they put up the defense of, "Hey... I am just saying... This is just what I believe...Noone else has to..." But is that okay?

This is just a bit of what I have been wrestling with lately. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

No comments: