Monday, December 04, 2006

Organic Church

So I began a new book this weekend and I like it...ALOT. Its called Organic Church. I just kinda gazed by it while at the Nac Public Library. I would suggest you read it..

But early on, it makes some amazing statements.

For instance....why do we call non-believers the "unchurched?" Since when does going to church make you a beleiver anyways? He says it so well when he says, "We expect people to come to church in order to come to Christ, and the people of the world want nothing to do with church. We are so obsessed with our religious club that we actually identify those who do not have a relationship with Jesus as the unchurched."

This book is about taking church where the people are...not expecting them to come to you..which makes sense.

He also says in the book, "If you want to win this world to Christ, you are going to have to sit in the smoking section. That is where lost people are found, and if you make them put their cigarette out to hear the message they will be thinking about only one thing: 'When can I get another cigarette?'"

Is this not completely true? Maybe I am just going off on this whole "hoarding the light" business...

1 comment:

korey said...

Here Here to the tobacco users of the BSM, and this post made me think about steamed organic milk. . . and right on hoarding the light haunts me so much, but to most people I don't think they recognize their doing it.