Friday, December 01, 2006

alot

This week has been quite eventful. Alot has been on my mind.

I have been reading through the Gospels...and you know how Jesus talks to the "sinners" sometimes, telling them what they are doing. I mean, I am sure Jesus had a "tone," if you know what I mean. We were talking in my small group tonight, do you think we can talk to people like that? I guess...kinda like call them out? I don't know...

I have also been thinking about Heaven. After talking to Allie a little about it, I started wondering about relationships in Heaven. In Matthew 23ish, Jesus basically says that you aren't married in Heaven. So if that relationship doesn't carry over, which ones do, if any? I heard someone say today, when we were discussing this, that she knows of a lady that gets sad sometimes, because she knows that when she sees her dad in Heaven (who is already there), their relationship won't be the same. It will be a brother-sister relationship...I am not sure what exactly I think about all of this....

Tonight, a group of us were at Whataburger. Anyone here in Nac knows that after midnight, the only 2 fast food restaurants open are Taco Bell and Whataburger and it is during this time that more drunk people step through the doors than sober people. Well tonight was a typical night. And in walked in a girl, who was slightly scantily clad. Basically, she was coming out of the top of her shirt...if you know what I mean. And what did most of us 8 believers do? Giggle. Joke. Mock. Laugh. Point. Snicker.

Notice that we didn't love. We didn't care. We didn't hurt. Is this not hoarding the light? Is this what Christ would have us to do? I am not saying that we should run up and give her a great big hug while shouting, "HALLELUJAH!! JESUS LOVES YOU!" But why not simple make eye contact? Or simply smile? How about this...remember her...pray for her... let that be a realization that there IS life outside of the BSM or your group of Christian friends. Let your heart be broken for God's people that He loves, they just don't realize it.

I was also thinking about the church... which seems to be the hot topic lately. Now here in good ol' Nacogdoches, I may not have found a church that I feel completely cozy at. But I need to be serving somewhere. God has given me this time in my life to use for Him. I have read many of books that say that with this "season of singleness," I need to run with it. Now I am living the life with no big responsibilities, noone else to take care of, or anything else of the "real world," so why am I not serving more? I love to sit back and talk. Talk about Heaven...talk about the church...talk about what Jesus was like...whatever...But what am I DOING?! not enough...

No comments: