Friday, July 03, 2009

TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!!







I can't believe it... Tomorrow is the big day!! I have been planning like crazy for this for a long time...and IT'S FINALLY HERE!! I was running around like crazy tonight. To say I was stressed would be a total understatement! I knew the Austrian culture is one of structure. They like plans... to the smallest detail. Now I'm a planner, but on my own terms (if that makes any sense). Needless to say, I vented to my mom while she helped me pack (she's so amazing). I decided to take a break.

That was when I was reminded that God is in control. I checked my email to see if there were any last-minute updates from Ruth, our supervisor in Austria. She did, in fact, send me an email. I almost dreaded opening it, fearing that it would remind me of something I forgot, something else I needed to do, etc.

This is what her email said... word for word...
"In case you get worried a bit: the camp was never perfect. We all made mistakes. The Kids didn't mind. We just try to make the best out of it and watch how God is using it. And: we can't plan everything ahead. Sometimes we have to be flexible, adapt the program to the kids. So don't worry if you don't know all the details. We will go through the program on Sunday afternoon. Every day, after the kids leave, we sit together and evaluate the day and check if everything is ready for the next day. There is still time to solve problems."

Talk about a weight being lifted!! I was given a peace and calm heart immediately.

While I'm gone, pray for my team. They are an awesome group of girls.










Here we are at Orientation....




And this is Amber...the other member of out team. She couldn't make it to Orientation!












You may also want to pray for the family I will be staying. The team will be split between three houses. Me and Allison are staying with Ursula and Dieter. Here they are.

No comments: