Friday, March 16, 2007

spring break comes to an end

I spent my spring break at Beach Reach in Padre again. It was pretty much amazing. So much more incredible than last year, yet so much more difficult. I could go into details, but I know some people flat out don't care. If you do, just ask...

But not only have I been able to see God do amazing things through me, I have seen Him do amazing things IN me this week.

God is continuing to refine who I am and I think I have finally accepted that. All my life, I have been such an extrovert. And no, that is not a bad thing, but I think it is time that I begin to work on the introvert inside of me.

It just seems that I am at a different stage in my life than I was a year ago. As I stood on the beach during our last night of worship in Padre, I stood with my feet buried in the sand and the waves crashing at my ankles. The end of my skirt was getting wet with each white crested wave. It was absolutely beauitful. And not just on a physical level, but on so many other levels. Standing there saying over and over, "God, I can't do this alone. I need you to step in and step in big time," has never been such a feeling of freedom.

I am so excited to see where God has me going next. It looks like there is going to be a lot of change, a lot of unknowns, and a whole heck of alot of clinging to Christ for security.

No comments: