Tuesday, March 20, 2007

intentions...definition 3a

Is it possible to have the best of intentions and still get screwed over somehow? Well yes, it is. Why? The same reason the church can be a whacked out place...the same reason there are creepy people in the world doing mean things...because we are human.

Though I may feel that I have/had the best of intentions with someone, it has been brought to my attention that they can take it in a completely different way. Dang it..I thought I actually had something figured out for once. But now... I'm back where I started.

Is life really just a cyclical thing? Am I just going to keep making the same mistakes over and over? I sure as heck hope not...more so for everyone else's sake.

But if life is a vicious cycle, is there any hope?

I am holding out that there IS hope... I mean.. I have hope in Christ..and though I may be a mere jar of clay, He works through me..right? So I may have screwed up yet ANOTHER relationship somehow, but there's hope that ONE DAY I will figure it out. It's just not looking like that day will be today... or tomorrow...

1 comment:

korey said...

Hmmm. . . A quick pondering of this post makes me think that intentions may be a bad thing, and I know you wouldn't want to just chalk up another mark on the blame board of us being human. Is there a difference between having intentions in a relationship and being intentional about creating relationships? I would think so. Also I've heard the arguments that life is a cycle and while they are very well put, if I adhere to them I get dizzy. All that to say that it's gotta be more simple. . . right?