Monday, March 19, 2007

awkward.. all 8 definitions

check em out.. all eight of em.. I live these out, everyday. "Awkward" might as well be my middle name. Heck, make it my first name! I am incredibly afraid of awkward moments, which is probably why I like to create awkward moments for others. By making others feel awkward, I know that even for a split second, they feel awkward and I don't. I am a sick, sick person.

And why is that everytime I am placed in an awkward situation, my first instinct is to run? I have noticed that everytime things get bad in any sense in life, I want to run. I just "have to get away." When I am fed up with all that is Nacogdoches, I figure out anyway possible to go back home. And after just a short time there and I am fed up with good ol G-town, I am high-tailing it back to Nac. This can't be good.

Is this what my life is going to be like? Am I always going to be running from something, be it an awkward situation or not? And am I okay with that?

There was a girl at beach reach this past week. (granted this is all "hear-say.") She is an SFA student and was down in Padre to live it up for spring break. After a few days, it all got to be a little much. She called a friend that she knew was in Padre for beach reach. She pleaded with him for help. She wanted to go home...right then. But it said it right..."You can't keep running from your life."

Is that what I am doing?Instead of just running from simple awkward moments, is there a bigger picture that I am running from? I should be doing something else, something joyful, instead of leaving an awkward conversation in the library thinking, "Whew! I am glad thats over with..."

But where do you begin to find the "bigger awkward situation?" Is there even something "bigger" I am running from? Or am I just lucky enough to be constantly put in awkward situations?

1 comment:

Bryant said...

Landon's face is a big awkward situation.

But yes I do wanna be cool like you.