Sunday, October 01, 2006

The thought for the day... as found on google..


Perhaps nature is our best assurance of immortality.--Eleanor Roosevelt

Everything in nature contributes to something else--like the hundred-year-old tree that stood tall until a wind storm. The protection it gave to thousands of birds and squirrels it now gives to insects and fungi. As it slowly decays, it nourishes the ground, and from the enriched soil grow several other trees. We human beings are part of this eternal cycle, our ideas and actions enriching those around us and influencing generations yet to come. Being part of this vast plan gives us comfort, and faith that everything that happens is meant to be. Our hearts fill with joy with the knowledge that we are needed; just as every tree is needed.
How do I fit into nature's plan today?
Well that's quite a heavy question if I don't say so myself.
I rode around the streets of Nac tonight with two of my very best friends, reminiscing about good times. The "remember whens" flooded the conversations.
And I realized.. HOLY COW..I really have changed alot! But I think its a good thing..no..I KNOW its a good thing.
It's a good thing that two years ago, I had relationships that I don't have no. Same goes with now..its a good thing that I have some relationships now that I didn't have two years ago.
I've screwed up, I'll admit. And I can garuantee that I will screw up again..and again. But I know that its "all in natures plan.." which in my mind, means God's up to something, which I am all for

3 comments:

Becky Rabb said...

because where i was, there was a lot of drug selling and drug houses around. not to mention scary men walking around all the time, almost never sober. scary!

katy said...

the reason you feel like we don't hang out anymore is because we don't. and that is because i am a hermit. and that is because i have to wake up crappin early every day. and that is because i work at the post office.

so the reason you don't see me is the post office.

Ched said...

"means God's up to something, which I am all for"

Good words.



Katy said, "crappin early"

I've added this to my list of words I must use today.