Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Psalm 13

Man... Alot going on...so much is on my heart..and running through my mind

I am sitting here in the library, actually getting work done (shocker...I know). I sit here all alone (another shocker) for the first time in a while. I like the stillness, the quiet, the rest. But I only enjoy these moments for a bit, because after the initial "oohh...ahhh.." feeling wears off, the mind starts going. This is where I currently stand.

The ramblings of my mind turn into prayer, asking God to take away a struggle I have been dealing with for what seems like forever. I admit, I was beginning to think God was not going to handle it. Just when this thought entered my mind, I got an immediate response.

With my Itunes on shuffle, Shane and Shane came on singing Psalm 13, which says:

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.


Really? Do I really think God will hide from me forever? Is He hiding his face from me right now?

Then I keep hearing " I will wait for you..." over and over in my ears

And my prayer of questioning and selfishness turns to obedience and patience.

So I will wait on God. I have faith that He will deliver me... So I'm just waiting

1 comment:

katy said...

nice. God's cool like that sometimes.