Friday, May 14, 2010

Today is my last day at the BSM. I have spent the day packing up my office....which is sad and lame. I thought that for this post, I would list some of my favorite BSM memories from the past two years. The is the first installment!!


0451: The craziness of Dollar Steak Nights!



















0452: MOVIE DAYS!!!



0453: Staying up all night for a couple of nights to help Lisa Donehoo finish her art piece0454: When Bryce "shushed" me in a leadership team meeting. I think I scared them all

0455: My first Leadership Team retreat, when we went to Lakeview camp. And we did that stupid game where we had to lift the tent pole0


456: Tim ALWAYS wondering off the first year of Beach Reach

0457: Partying with the Indians!



















0458: Hanging out with Amy pretty much EVERY NIGHT of last fall












0459: My favorite Indonesian... Yoshi ( i miss that guy!)



















0460: Thinking I wouldn't be able to come back this year, but then GOD PROVIDED! And I was able to come back!! YAY!




0461:Making the HOPE shirts to raise money for Student missions!!
















0462: Losing the van at Beach Reach. At the time, not a good moment. But looking back, its pretty funny


463: The Jar Wars Banquet last year. The girls did an AWESOME job,and it was WAY fun!
0465: When Aravind and Praveen came home with me for Thanksgiving. It was interesting and entertaining all at the same time!


0466: Last year's Focus. It was my first time to really get to know some of the students. We played the game of "reactions" in the van. I yelled something out, they had to react to it, and I would take a picture. It was pretty comical.0467: THE SNOW DAY!! It was like we were all five years old again!

0468: Last fall, Aravind, Praveen, and Yoshi came over to help me decorate for Christmas. Bubba was in town visiting me before going hunting. Praveen was enamored with Bubba's guns. Then Bubba taught Aravind to Two-Step. It was cute














0469: The kids in Mexico. I would be dead-dog tired (and sick) in the afternoons. But they would come to the door of our house and ask if I could come play with them. I loved to go out there and sit and talk with the older girls (with butchered Spanish) and play tag with the younger ones.


0470: The International Retreat, last year. Explaining to them how to make a S'more. It was hilarious. (This is Praveen eating his first S'more EVER!)

0471 : Taking Yoshi to his first Halloween last year. It was hilarious. I made him dress up as a cow for our "Noah's Ark" Trunk at my church's Trunk-or-Treat0475: I MET DONALD MILLER!! At the Right Now conference last fall, not only did I take a picture with my future husband, but He signed my journal! And it said "LOVE, Donald Miller!" HALLELUJAH!
0476: For the Christmas banquet this year, we got to wear PAJAMAS! It was a brilliant idea and I LOVED IT!0477: I also learned to play cricket! Can't say I'm very good at it though!


0478: We did a couple of FREE pancake breakfasts on campus. The students did such a GREAT job of serving and meeting new people! I was so proud of them!0479: I REALLY enjoyed the times that we made cookies and took them over to the sorority houses. It was a simple way to serve them, and it was totally worth it!


0480: The Sonic Carhop... It was a LOT of fun and we a good chunk of change for summer missions.


0481: At the Hayride last fall, the nice men at the cowboy church tried teaching everyone how to rope... Let's just say.... we won't be winning any roping contests soon.

0482: When the new student center opened last year, me, Joycelyn, and Wesley went over there to "tour the place." We ended up having chair races in one of the conference rooms.

0483: It was during my first semester here that Margaret passed away. The students and Joe were AMAZING. They supported me in so many ways. They even helped me when I had to bake goodies to take to her memorial in Dallas.

0484: It was AMAZINGLY hilarious to watch Jeananne do the Cholo...after we hounded her about it




No comments: