Thursday, June 17, 2010

I am going to take a brief break from my posts of "thankfulness" to give a bit of a progress report on my life thus far.

It has been a month since I have left the BSM (read "one month without a job"), a little over two weeks of living at home, and not much closer to figuring out what is next.

I feel like a vagabond in so many ways, wandering from place to place, without a permanent home. I can't help but wonder if I will EVER "settle down." But then I am reminded of Philippians 3:20, which says that my citizenship is in Heaven. Maybe the Lord knows how tempted I am to put down roots here on this earth, which is why He seems to always be uprooting me.

I feel behind. Like everyone else my age is further ahead in life. They have a stable, long-term job, a serious relationship, heck, even a place of their own. But me? I am trying to figure out what the heck I am supposed to do, where I'm supposed to be, how I'm supposed to take care of my responsibilities. Because let me tell you, I could answer questions for Cha Cha all day and still not make enough to pay my car note!

So no. I don't know what is next. And asking me every day is not going to quicken the process. In fact, it just frustrates me, making me feel like more of a failure. I have applied for many jobs, but for every job application sent out, I have spent hours on my knees.

I think my number one fear is this time of transition uncertainty is not that I will be a failure, or that I won't find a job, or even that I will end up living at home for the rest of my life. My fear is that I will, out of my own selfish desires, veer of the path God has set ahead for me. I ONLY want to do what will bring the most glory and honor to Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

truer words have never been spoken

-Keturah

katy said...

maybe you just hang out with really responsible people, because i feel like you're doing pretty good with yourself.

decision making is always super hard.

romans 8 says he's working out everything for the good of those who love Him. i feel good about that.

Anonymous said...

you aren't alone my friend - whether or not that helps, I don't know but keep that in mind.

as katy reed said, HE works it all out and yes, that can be scary, but it's also more than comforting to know that we don't have to :)

Klaudia & Michael said...

I didn't know you lost your job, sorry about that. But - can't agree more with what your friends here are saying... HE works it all out.
Let's talk when you get over here in a couple of weeks :-)

--Klaudia