Tuesday, May 04, 2010

MARIBETH!

So I'm a couple of days late... but better late than never, right??

434 - I am SO VERY THANKFUL for my wonderful friend, MARIBETH!


If you don't know her, then I can assure you... you are missing out! She is one the most amazing, kind -hearted people I know.


I met Maribeth, (aka MB, M-beezy, Merr-beff, Mary) my freshmen year at SFA. She was a wise old sophomore. She was good friends with my Freshmen care group leader, Sarah. I remember the first time I really talked to her. She was getting ready to move from Steen to Kerr, where the party was at! haha



We were walking outside of Kerr, and I asked her why she had a raspy voice. She went on to tell me how she is an incredible miracle. If you want to hear her story and how she is using it to glorify the Lord, check out her blog. After she told me her story, I felt like crap. I mean, who did I think I was, asking her about her voice. I felt pretty guilty. But she assured me that it was cool. I realized that night that I wanted to be friends with her. But I had no idea that she would end up being one of my best friends.






Needless to say, we hit it off pretty quick. She was a BSM-er and she lived just a floor below me in Kerr. I'm pretty sure I was down there (in her private room!) every day! We watched Boy Meets World and Fresh Prince all the time, while giggling and talking about life.




While at SFA, MB was always there for me. Whether it was to go get a snowcone (everday!) or to come together and share our hearts, I knew I could count on MB. She ended up graduating a year before me. But even after she moved back to Dallas, I still talked with her on a regular basis. Nothing had really changed in our friendship.









Over the past six years, MB and I have shared so many good memories. Snowcones. Beach Reach. The Nacogdoches Christmas Light Parade. Boys. Watching the sunrise. Then the car not starting and meeting a crazy mountain woman. Football games. BSM. Pete's. Midnight phone calls. High School Musical!!! Trey singing us to sleep. Road trips. Track Meets. Sonic. Caleb Canter. Karaoke. The Lake at Labor Day. Shreveport for Brad's wedding. The A- Frame. "Studying" in the library. 431. Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Date Auction.



This past week, MB turned 25. I am so eternally thankful that the Lord brought her into my life. I look forward to many, MANY more years with MB in my life.

2 comments:

katy said...

three cheers for MB!

hooray, hoorah, hizzah!

we love MB.

Anonymous said...

just saw this....you are the BEST!!!! love you soooo much!