Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Three days from now, I will be heading for Austria. I felt like this would never come. I am so excited to lead my first trip with Go Now! BUT IT'S A LOT OF WORK! I feel like I still have so many last minute details to take care of. I find myself going over the camp schedule with a fine-toothed comb multiple times a day. I have a great fear that we will get over there and I will have forgotten to do something.

I feel like I have to prove myself! I don't know know what I am trying to prove or who I am trying to prove it to!

But if you think about it, send up a quick prayer for me and my team.

Pray for health. I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection that has set up camp in my head. With a lack of a "real" job right now comes a lack of insurance. I am REALLY praying that this whole mess will clear up before I am stuck in a pressurized plane for a long period of time.

Pray for the girls on my team. They all seem SO AMAZING. I can't wait to get to know them more. Two of them have started their own blogs so they can keep others up to speed with what's going on in Austria. Ask the Lord to protect them over the next couple of weeks.

Pray for the children that will be coming to the English camp. Most of them do not have any sort of evangelical background. Though this is not a "Christian camp," we will be telling Bible stories everyday, as well as seeking opportunities to share the gospel.

Pray for the church that we will be working at. The people of the church seem to have such an incredible heart for the un-churched in their community. Pray that they would seize every opportunity to connect with families during camp.

Pray for the teenagers that are "volunteering" during camp. In reality, these are teenagers that have gone to the camp in the past, but are now too old for camp. Therefore, they CHOOSE to come back and WORK, because they like it THAT MUCH! I have a strong feeling in my heart that this is where we will see a lot of opportunities during camp.

I guess that's it for now!

No comments: