Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's funny how things work out.

Just yesterday, I was driving back to the good ol' Merce after being home for Father's Day Weekend. I had the windows down (still no AC) and some good tunes playing loud. And I thought to myself, "I'm pretty happy with my life right now."

A year ago, I would have never guessed that I would end up in Commerce, much less actually LIKE it in this area. And just a couple of months ago, I thought that was all going to change!

I know it's been a bit of a rough year, but life out here is pleasant. It's just a little slower...everyone knows everybody, so naturally, you wave to everyone as you are driving. I LOVE my church and the hearts of the people there. I love that a lot of people out here work on their dairy farms every morning before anything else. There's a strong importance put on families out here, which I love.

Question is...when it REALLY is time for me to go, next summer, will I want to stay?

No comments: