Sunday, November 05, 2006

some things never change

So I am at home, Garland, for the weekend...

And I must say, it gets weirder and weirder everytime I come home, and I am not sure why...

There's a really lame country song that says something about "you're always seventeen in your hometown..."

Could this be anymore true?

Liz and I talked about this for a long time last night. As for me and all of my friends in good ol G-town, we have all grown up, grown apart...and not that thats a bad thing, its just natural. But where it gets weird is when we all come home for a weekend and hang out. No matter how much we have changed, how our lives are different..we always revert back to the person we were a couple of years ago, during our "glory days." Those were the days when we, as a group of friends, were together at all times. We were corny, stupid, and immature.

It seems like it takes me alot longer to transition back to that. The rest of my friends can snap back so quickly, it almost creeps me out. Why can't I do that? I look back to where I was a few years ago and see someone completely different than who I am now. But because these people were such an important part of my life during that awkward time and not so much now, I feel I must revert back to that... and its really weird.

Is this what life is going to be like for the rest of my life? Getting together with a group of friends after a few years and transforming myself into who I once was. I don't know if I like that....and even worse, I don't know how to change that...

1 comment:

katy said...

same thing with me this weekend...i didn't even hang out with anyone, it's just...that place.