Monday, April 16, 2007

Love your neighbor...

"How I treat a brother or sister from day to day, how I react to the sin-scarred wino on the street, how I respond to interruptions from people I dislike, how I deal with normal people in their normal confusion on a normal day may be a better indication of my reverence for life than the anti-abortion sticker on the bumper of my car."
- The Ragmuffin Gospel


I want to live like this. But why can't I? Why can't I live with reverence instead of just speaking about reverence?

I was reading a "Seed Story" today. This guy was telling about how in his (home) church, they have an open sharing time, where any and everyone shares what God has been doing in their life over the past week. This man was saying how throughout their discussions, the group often leads into heavy conversations. He admitted to wanting to take a firm stance on everything. But he then realized that he needed to "limit his soap-boxes to only 2."

And I thought...what if we did that? And more directly, what if I did that? What if I had to speak up less about what I believe because I was living it out more? Isn't that what it's about...living out your faith, not just talking about it?

But what do I know?

1 comment:

katy said...

yeah. this makes me feel like i suck at the Christian life. in a challenging way.