Saturday, September 25, 2010

0556- It's Friday. Need I say more?

0557 - ALL of my kids were asleep for nap time. A BIG HALLELUJAH!!

0558 - I just love our small group. I feel like I say that every week.

0559 - DAVE BARNES CONCERT ON SUNDAY! I am stinkin PUMPED!

0560 - I am so proud of my brother. He has been through hell this week. No joke. But he has kept it together...WAY better than I would have. '

0561- Speaking of Bubba, he drives my car a lot. And when he does, he puts his CDs in there. I then fall in love with his music, steal the CD and hide it so I can keep it forever.

0562 - I got to chat a bit with Katy Reed and Katie Mc/Gravens this week. It was on google chat and during nap time, but hey, every bit counts.

0563 - My mom and a friend of hers came up to my school this week to sign up to volunteer. I can't wait to have my mom come to school with me one day!

0564 - I FINALLY MET MY REFUGEE FAMILY!! And before you get all bent out of shape because I said "refugee," let me explain. They are legit. They are Bhuatnese and have lived in a refugee camp in Thailand for the last 15 years! They just came to America at the end of June. They are precious. Don't speak a word of English, but I can't wait to hang out with them all the time

0565- I had a "conference call" with Aravind and Vivek today. Felt like I was in Commerce all over again

0566 - My kids tell me everyday when I leave that they love me and I better come back tomorrow. Even if they have been terrors all day, like today, they still melt my heart when they say that.

0567 -It sure is nice to have an assistant teacher, for days like today when I feel like CRAP, I can just ask her to do the large group stuff.

0568 - LIZ IS HOME!

0569- I got to have a great talk with Erica after church last Sunday. We talked about the adoption process and such. But what she said that stuck out the most was about Malachi 3:3, which refers to refining silver. There was someone that wanted to know exactly what went into refining silver. So she went to find out for herself. When she got there, she noticed that the man put the silver in the center of the fire, the hottest place. Why? Because that is how it purifies best. The lady then asked "When do you know that the silver is refined." And he replied with "You will see yourself in it." And with all the stress and worry I have had with work and such, I have thought back to this verse and what Erica said about it. That when God refines us, He does it so he can see himself in us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://csstatic.com/banners/clixsense_gpt300x250a.png