Friday, August 03, 2007

Last night here

Visited the seminary at Bethel today. Thought it would be a good way to spend my last day here in the cities....looking into spending more time here after I graduate. I did the whole recruitment thing...tour, admissions counseling, etc. I really like the program there. Plus I LOVE the cities... who knows what could happen?!?
Did I mention that we spent our last day with Aubrey and Deanna yesterday? We pretty much just hung out... but when we left, I started crying. I am really going to miss them. They have been such a support for me while being up here. I wish everyone could meet them. I promise, these people make everyone's lives just a little better. I'm very sad to say goodbye to them.
Spent my last night here in the cities with the guys. We went out to eat, then hung out at the house. I got to walk around Dinkytown one last time, which was nice. Then, we chilled out on the front porch of the house with the housemates, enjoying one last Minnesota night. I don't know if I left much of an impression of those guys, but the people in the house have really taught me a lot from our many nights sitting out of the front porch. I'm gonna miss that.
But there are things I WON'T miss...
like walking to the bus stop everyday...
and no A/C in most buildings...
and the awkward looks I get from saying "ma'am" and "sir"...
and the way people are hard to approach up here...
and having to rely on other people for rides all the time...
and not really having a schedule from day to day...
and people teasing us about our southern accents...
or assuming that since I am from Texas, President Bush MUST be my God...
but all in all...I am gonna miss the cities.



No comments: